Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine hunger killer

You read my last post right: DC has gone out of town this weekend.  The person who chose the date for this conference must've been single.  That's cool.  He's off visiting an old friend, too, so it's all good.

He didn't forget me, though. Last weekend, I got a pre-V-day homecooked meal.  From a man who doesn't cook (very often).  He got the recipe from Saveur magazine.   It's called "Matambre," an Argentine dish which, in the native tongue, means, "hunger killer."  Check out how hard he worked:

dsc08093   dsc08094   dsc08095


Marinating, slicing, chopping, placing, rolling, sautee-ing, baking.  Such a darling to watch: he worked so hard! And a few hours later, done!


done!   bon appetit



It was a beautiful meal.

And before he left, he gave me a great book, which we will read together.  On the first page he wrote a beautiful dedication, which is something he is wont to do, and something I have read every day he has been away.  It makes me swoon.  Thanks, DC!

Today I got to hang out with my parents and some of my siblings.  It was a great day!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment