Pattern: Baktus scarf
Needles: US3 Addi 16" circular
Yarn 1: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, Camouflage
Yarn 2: ShiBuiKnits sock, Moss
Yarn 3: Regia, olives
Mods: I basically did the increases and decreases at opposite ends of the work, resulting in a diamond rather than triangle shape.
The width maxes out at 65 stitches across, which is substantial enough for me!
You'll notice that there are three yarns used. I ran out of my main yarns with 15 stitches on the needles! Luckily I found a stray leftover skein of the Regia that was in the same color family, so the difference is subtle.
Going through my sock leftovers all at once has shown me that I've knit a lot of socks--at least 20 pairs! But, I rarely wear the three pairs of socks I have for myself. It could have something to do with SoCal weather and the fact that I'm in flip flops most of the year, but I've learned that I'm just not a knitted socks kinda gal. So: no more knitted socks for myself (no matter how cute the pattern). And much thanks for this pattern!
I leave you with a snapshot of some Queen Anne's Lace that I picked up at the farmers market last Friday (yes, I buy weeds). I've always loved the daintiness of this flower; I even enjoy its slightly weedy smell.
You should know one thing, though...
...it's hella messy.