Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, new habits

I'm not much of a movie goer. (I can remember the time I went to see Pirates III and realized that the last time I was in a theater before then was to watch Pirates II.)  Never have been.  Not much of a DVD watcher, either.  If I feel like watching one, it'll come from the small collection of films I don't mind watching over and over (Amelie, Cinderella, Pride and Prejudice, Pirates I, Tombstone, anime by Miyazaki).

So seven or eight new movies over a fortnight is quite uncharacteristic!  But since DC and I discovered DVDPlay at the local supermarket, it's been really easy to watch on a whim.  We did go out to see Sherlock Holmes the day after Christmas (my girlfriends in disbelief).  That was sandwiched by the following, at home:

  • Julie & Julia

  • Die Another Day

  • Secret Window

  • Star Trek

  • Office Space

  • Riding Giants

  • Friday Night Lights


Pretty eclectic.  First time for me to see all but Riding Giants (my brothers are surfers); DC graciously re-watched a lot of movies (thanks!). 

I won't be binging on movies like this again in the foreseeable future, but it's nice to know that, thanks to DVD rental kiosks, siblings' collections, and a goal to go to the theater at least once a quarter, I will be well entertained in 2010.

Hope your New Year celebrations were equally enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment