Thursday, January 14, 2010

P365

Since I started blogging I have taken my point-and-shoot camera everywhere.  But since I started doing Project 365 this year, I've learned the difference between having it and having it ready.

The other morning, on the bus into work, I looked up from my knitting when I heard some sirens.  I saw a man standing outside of a lopsidedly parked SUV, hands raised, and no less than six guns pointed at him by police officers from behind their doors -- like you see in the movies.  It was crazy.  Why do people think car chases are fun?

Then, at City Hall, we passed a large film shoot -- darn, another missed opportunity. (But those abound; this is LA, remember?!)

In any case, I am taking pictures throughout the day, but am saving the one I post to the group pool not only for the best picture in terms of quality or composition, but one that reflects something unique I did that day.  My goal is to get better acquainted with my DSLR, in addition to having a nice memento of 2010.

One of the group rules is to do a self portrait on the 15th of each month (SP15).  Tomorrow's the first.  I'm thinking about the photo I want to take, and looking forward to seeing my friends' entries!

I'll do my best to continue posting here, although, admittedly, posting pictures on Flickr and writing my short descriptions uses up quite a large portion of the blogging mojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment