Friday, October 1, 2010

Mourning

My mom passed away two weeks ago. Two days after I got back from vacation in Japan.

After a surreal week of making decisions and being present and getting very little sleep, I am shifting over to retreat mode: quietly. thinking. remembering. laughing. crying. and slowly: sorting. cleaning. giving away. keeping. smelling. loving.

The words will come back here, sooner or later; my mom would have wanted them to.

I'm around. If you know how to get a hold of me, feel free to reach out.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jean: Wishing a continent didn't separate us. I'd love to be able to offer some in-person friendship, but I guess we'll have to settle for the long-distance variety right now. Sending positive thoughts and light your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart mourns with you. I'm here for you. *big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, my heart and prayers are with you. I pray for unexpected blessings even in the midst of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete