Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Odd start

Disappointingly, my phone was only of use to me as a camera and note-taker whilst in Japan.  WiFi is harder to come by than one would think in the Land of Technology.  I wrote many blog posts, but am rethinking whether I should really post them all.  We'll start with the ones I'm okay with sharing.  Like the following, written on the plane:

[Saturday, February 2o, 2011]

So far I've managed to

  • lose my Flyaway shuttle ticket, ransacking my bag and pockets before going back to the ticket window and finding I had simply left it there (the guy looked at me like I was an idiot);

  • somehow drop my sunglasses in the flight terminal, before boarding, and have to retrieve them from cabin crew; and

  • get entangled in and break my ear buds in my haste to move so that my neighbor could use the restroom.


I feel totally scatterbrained, perhaps the result of getting less than three hours' sleep ... along with some nerves, I suppose, thinking about the last time I was in all these places, with whom, what I came back to, etc. etc.  It's more sobering than exciting, but I think I will have a good trip.  Hope this is the end of breaking and losing things, though.

2 comments:

  1. An eventful beginning to your trip—can't wait to read about how the rest of it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! That's why we have not seen you of late- you were in Japan. Hope you have a lovely birthday lady!

    ReplyDelete