Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cast off and away!

Ecclesiates tells us that "for everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: ...a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew..."


I love crafty references in the Bible (amazing detail -- God is definitely the Great Craftsman)! And for me, the time has come.  Today is the day that I cast off* a project that's been on the needles for a while now.  Here's what I did during the lunch hour:

castaway


This, gentle reader, is what casting off looks like (nice, finished edge on the right).  And yes, this is the second sock.  I'm later at it than I would be if I hadn't knit this in 1x1 ribbing for 15 rows only to realize it should've been 2x2 ribbing (which is more elastic), which is how I knit the first sock. An exciting blog post awaits as both socks are reunited when I get home, and the full rainbow effect of Noro Kureyon in color 092 is unleashed for all to see. Hold your breath, reader!


Okay, okay: it's casting "off" and not "away."  I'm totally taking the verse out of context, and even using the meanings improperly, but -- honestly -- I couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment