Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hole in my sole

Happened to look down at my feet while walking the other day and saw a funny thing:

shoetops


At first I thought I'd stepped on something sticky, but it didn't go away.  Since I was walking downhil and downstairs, I thought not to risk a tumble.


When I got home, I slipped off both shoes and flipped them over.  To my surprise, I was met with the following sight:


shoesoles


Worn clear through!  And after only five months!  I guess this is what happens when one wears the same pair almost every day and walks about 0.8 miles, including up and down hills and stairs.


I'll go to the cobbler downstairs to see if re-soleing these is worthwhile.  If not, I'm in the market for new work flats.  Because I'm not going to be one of those women who wears sneakers with slacks and skirts. *shiver*

No comments:

Post a Comment