Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Scrunched-up Swallowtail

It wasn't until I was nearly a week into the knitting that the idea came to document my progress day by day.  By then I'd gotten to the 6th of 14 pattern repeats.  And I found that at 7, 8, and 12 repeats, the Swallowtail Shawl looked about the same on my needles, something like this:


swallowtail day 4


Since then I've just about finished all 14 repeats of the second chart and moved the stitches onto a longer circular needle.  It's easier to see the shawl's growth, but it still kinda looks the same, something like this:

swallowtail day 10


It's been two weeks since I've cast on, and although I was making killer (for me) progress, my bus knitting has come to a halt in the past few days in favor of naps (yes, the kind in which one's head embarassingly bobs up and down). 

This week is the dash of last-minute shopping and crafting for the weekend's Family Fiesta (a.k.a. the un-baby shower, un-wedding reception, and un-housewarming party all rolled into one), so I may or may not make any more progress.  The goal is to finish by the end of the month though, so do expect an FO post by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment