Sunday, January 16, 2011

Breakfast

Anyone who knows me knows that I am simply not a morning person: getting out of bed is one of the hardest things I have to do each day.  So I linger, and linger, snooze, just another minute.  And then: oh, shoot, any longer and I'm gonna be late, there's the 15-Minute-Flurry and I practically run out the door.  These days I've been plugging in the kettle before I brush my teeth, and getting the fresh press on while I'm doing my makeup.  The French press is done in just four minutes; dash of milk, and I'm ready to go.  Once in a while I'll even have a couple minutes to get some toast on, though admittedly, those days are rare.  To be honest, I had to force myself to get up and get breakfast, just because of the P52 theme!

I'm working on it, though!  I've been trying to both go to sleep and wake up earlier, and have made it official by naming it one (two, actually) of my New Year's resolutions.  I actually started late last year, getting to bed about 10 or 10:30 and feeling refreshed all the next day.  I could never quite get to it more than two or three days straight, so it's a work in progress.  There are tons of articles out there (like here or here or here) on reasons why it's better to wake up earlier, and how to go about doing it.

This blog makes the idea of waking up and enjoying the morning so much more enticing.  My goal is to sleep by 10:30 and wake up at 6:30 five consecutive nights.  Slowly I'll add depth and variety to my breakfast menu as well: cereal, then oatmeal, yogurt and fruit, protein smoothies, etc.  I'm glad to have started this year with "breakfast" as a theme; it's something I hope to carry on throughout the year!

Here's what I had for breakfast on Thursday (yes, it took until Thursday!):

[water, coffee, read bean toast]

No comments:

Post a Comment