Be Good to Myself: Be intentional about and take ownership of my life
- find a new job -- Nope; still working on some ideas, though.
- find a new home -- Yes! I love my lil' studio!
- travel internationally -- Yes! Japan, Jamaica, Italy
- join a book club -- Nope. But I read a lot this year: White Teeth, The Year of Magical Thinking, The Glass Castle, The Kite Runner, On the Road
- blog regularly -- Yes! 76 posts: much more than in 2010.
- finish all current WIPs (craft projects + books) -- Nope; they are still stating at me.
- learn how to use my dslr -- Nope; I actually stopped using it in favor of my iPhone camera. Then I had a problem with the lens. But it's fixed now, and I have a friend who will teach me photography in 2012, huzzah!
- maximze iPhone capability (Evernote or Springpad?) -- Yes! In addition to Springpad, I discovered Instagram, audio books, podcasts, and a bunch of other apps for news, music, and getting life done. I love my iPhone!
- build a piece of furniture -- Nope. I was all set to build a daybed for the studio but found one on Craigslist.
- sew a garment -- Yes! I made vests for MyKo's kinder kids.
- knit for myself -- Yes! Striped cowl, rainbow stripe knee highs, and a pink shawl that was never blogged
- buy a new food at each farmers market -- Yes! Eggplant
- try a new restaurant each month -- I didn't keep track, but I don't think so.
- watch a movie in the theater each quarter -- Yes! 50/50, Midnight in Paris, Cars2, Puss in Boots, The Naked Island, Postcard
- do a new activity each month -- Yes! January -- Explore Abbot Kinney Boulevard & discover Intelligentsia coffee; February -- Rose Bowl Flea Market; March -- Ash Wednesday at Our Lady of Angels Cathedral; April -- Hike the Sam Merrill Trail to Echo Mountain ; May -- Jamaica!; June -- Help plan and throw MyKo's bridal shower; July -- Visit the Bowers Museum; August -- Read prayers in three languages at MyKo's wedding!; September -- First visit and purchase at estate sale ; October -- Wine tasting in Italy!; November -- watch my brother's debut taiko performance; December -- Drive alone up to San Francisco
Be Good to My Body: Maintain a healthy lifestyle + gain five meaningful pounds
- don't be online after 10p -- Nope
- sleep by 11p -- Nope
- wake up at 6:30a -- Nope
- eat breakfast (not just coffee) -- Nope
- stretch daily -- Nope
- 30 situps + pushups daily -- Nope
- run -- Yes! I started in May!
- take a yoga or pilates class -- Nope
Be Good to My Wallet: Invest in myself
- pay off debt -- Nope (but almost there!)
- invest -- Nope
- tithe regularly and joyfully -- Yes!
- start a savings account -- Yes!
- don't buy anything new -- Nope. I strayed here and more recently with a pair of long running pants for cold days.
Be Good to Others: Deepen relationships
- spend time with God daily (prayer, BCP, My Utmost for His Highest) -- Nope (not daily)
- write one letter each week; remember birthdays -- Yes!
- quit taking it personally (qtip) -- Not entirely, but much improvement made.
- seek healing and reconciliation in strained or broken relationships -- I'll always be working on this; am learning to both draw boundaries, and to accept.
There are slightly more "Nopes" than "Yes!s" but I can live with that. Some of the "Nopes" were actually successes -- for example, I didn't join a book club, but I read more books last year than I had for at least two years before that. And, I didn't build a piece of furniture, but the Craigslist score was better in terms of price, time, and energy, and it was the exact piece I wanted. I'm most disapponted in my fitness failures, but at least I started running. It was a huge leap not just in terms of feeling stronger, but to witness and push my own transformation.
This review will help me shape my resolutions for 2012, which I'm still working on. I'm also using this set (pdf) of questions from the Simple Mom blog. Did you make any resolutions? What are they?! Do share!