Monday, August 10, 2009

Mix it with mint!

Aside from the occasional G+T or less occasional Sidecar, I'm not usually a fan of cocktails.  Yet there was something summery about the thought of mint-infused drinks, so I surprised myself by offering to bring mojito ingredients to Le Chef's tapas party.  I ended up making pitchers and pitchers of the stuff, and converted both myself and others who weren't quite given over to cocktails. 


Then, a week later, I remembered my mom's spearmint bush...  so, naturally, after planting the cuttings, I used the plucked off mint leaves to whip up a batch of my new favorite summertime drink.


Ingredients:




  • Lime, one, juiced

  • Sugar, enough to 'fill up' the lime juice (about 1 tablespoon)

  • Ice, crushed

  • Mint leaves, at least a half dozen -- plus a sprig for garnish

  • Rum, one (and a half, if you like) shot(s)

  • Tonic water, just a splash


ingredients


Directions:





  1. Squeeze lime into glass.


  2. Add sugar.


  3. Add mint leaves.


  4. Stir until sugar dissolves.


  5. Mash mint leaves a bit (use the handle of a butter knife).


  6. Fill glass with crushed ice.


  7. Add a shot of rum.


  8. Top off with tonic water; stir.


  9. Garnish with mint sprig.


mojito


Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment