Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer nights start!

June gloom continues, yet the light gray of mornings burns off into a sheer loveliness that sings me outdoors for lunch.  Light stretches into the late evening and I adore the mildness of it all.  It's been a busy couple of weeks, lots on my mind and a hefty to-do list.  Still, I made some time to meet a dear, dear friend for an evening coffee.

As we were leaving we noticed this little alleyway right next to the coffee shop, from whence music had been wafting.  It was a cozy niche streamed with papel picado and lights.  Friends, lovers, and family sat at picnic tables, enjoying their company, the music, and the atmosphere.  My friend and I even ran into another mutual friend.  I love local.


[Zona Rosa Caffe, Thursday night]


I'd been to the Caffe a couple of times before but didn't know about their summer music program, which, I discovered from the website, has been going on for thirteen years.  They have live music in the summer, every Thursday, "until it gets cold."  Which is longer than usual if one has a cuppa brew in hand.


This bodes well for the rest of summer.  Let's outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment