Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FO: Baby hat

I don't even remember how long ago I started this hat.  The only documentation is this shot, taken for Project 365 on March 9!  A quick series of emails with the mama -- an old and estranged-utnil-recently elementary school friend -- and we had a meeting set up.  I couldn't show up empty-handed.

There was actually just the crochet edging and ties that had to get done, as well as blocking.  So I put the hat on a metal mixing bowl, sprayed it down with water, and let it sit overnight.  In the morning, I braided.  Seriously, why did it take me so long?!

It took some fiddling with the numbers because I knit it in fingering weight yarn for a baby (as opposed to heavy worsted weight for an adult, as the pattern is written).  The earflaps are a bit far back, but in the end, it fits BabyC with a little room to grow. He'll get a bit more wear out of it in the cooler SF Bay area where he lives, which makes me happy.

[baby Thorpe (pdf)]


Now on to knitting for the three other babes and two more that are on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment