Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Laundry by color

My college friends still remember me bringing two laundry baskets home on weekends: mine and my brother's.  They hailed me Best Sister Ever.  Me?  I just like doing laundry.  (Don't bring up doing dishes, though.  Boo.)

A number of years ago I switched to drying clothes outside.  Something feasible and eco-friendly.  Which saves a bit of $.  Plus, with the kind of sunshine we get here in SoCal, it's a shame not to.  This workhorse of a drying rack -- which collapses to be completely flat, easily stored right next to the washer -- makes things much easier.  It's one of the first gifts I ever got for DC, who enjoys laundry, too.  Romantic, no?

Recently I started arranging clothes on the rack by color.  I must have been really bored or something, but the effect has been revolutionary.


[laundry rainbow]


This has infinitely increased my laundering enjoyment.  I can't go back!  Go ahead, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment