Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 5th menu

When it's my turn to cook, it can be a very long day.  Sometimes I have the meal planned in advance, but more often than not I am public transporting home, driving to market for ingredients, and heading to my brother's or folks' to wash + chop and then cook.  Lately I've been going to the farmers market during lunch and letting my findings there dictate the menu.  I couldn't be bothered yesterday, and it wasn't until the end of the work day that I realized it was both Cinco de Mayo and Kodomo no Hi. 

Luckily my brother and sis'-in-law had all the goods for guac; we cheated a bit by buying a rotisserie chicken.  Even after a stop at home and two markets, we had dinner on the table by 7:00.  Thanks especially to DC, who came to pick me up, and always offers helping hands.

I'm not sure if Mexican and Japanese cuisines go together, but in the spirit of multiculturalism we had a little bit of each last night.

Beverage: Michelada (made with dark or light beer)

[my first michelada]


Appetizers: Guacamole + chips; Somen {cold noodles + sauce}

Mains: Chicken soft tacos;  Hamachi Kama {yellowtail collar} + rice

Dessert: Ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment